Group Riding Policies
The objective of the Club is to promote cycling in all of its forms in Santa Clarita.
Our weekend group rides are a great opportunity to experience the excitement of a fast paced peloton.
Group List Posting Policies
- All riders must wear helmets without exception
- Do not wear your iPod headphones in the peloton
- Group safety is paramount at all times; you must have the skill to ride in a peloton to join in
- The Club assumes no responsibility for the riders - members or guests
- Bring your own support: Cellphone, Tubes, Air, Food, Water, Money, etc. - there is no SAG
- You must have I.D. and observe all traffic laws and speed limits
- The route although posted on the Ride Calendar is subject to change
- The rides naturally separate into ability groups as the rides progresses
- You may be dropped; be familiar with the route home
- The Velo tries for tight, aerodynamic rotations and echelons
- The peloton will stop for mechanicals and flats; call out and signal clearly when you are stopping
- Please point out potholes and other hazards with an extended hand
- Hold your line and call out when standing
- Ride Safely for your own protection and for the benefit of others; and remember to have fun!
:The purpose of the list is to promote discussion and the free flow of information with the following caveats:
The Board reserves the right to "ban" violators of the policies.
- Only members in good standing may view or post to the List
- Postings are not moderated and members are responsible to maintain the group's decorum
- Re-posting of messages to other groups is not allowed
- Profanity and abusive language are inappropriate for this group
- Withering sarcasm and other forms of intentional derision are inappropriate for this group
- "Flaming" and "spoofing" and other mischief is not allowed
- Commercial solicitations or other "spam" messages are strictly and absolutely prohibited